The PADI Invasive Lionfish Tracker Distinctive Specialty Course with ATLANTIC EDGE
Native to the Pacific Ocean, lionfish are progressively invading the north-western Atlantic and the Caribbean, where they have no natural predators. Learn what action is needed to control the lionfish population and, during two scuba dives, learn practical ways to safely and humanely capture and euthanize these fish.
- Must be at least an Open Water Diver
- Minumum of 15 years old
- Basic scuba gear, available for rent
- Surface marker buoy (SMB) with finger spool
- Zookeeper Lionfish Containment Unit
- Minimum 3-foot pole spear
- Gloves *puncture proof preferred*
What You Learn
- Learn all about the Lionfish! Their behaviors, habitat, and how to be safe!
- How to safely and humanely capture and euthanize a lionfish
- Learn about invasive species and protecting natural habitats
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact ATLANTIC EDGE.
Your Next Adventure
If you enjoy this course, consider taking some of our other AWARE courses!