The Advanced Open Water Diver Course with ATLANTIC EDGE
When you’re ready to take your diving to the next level, take the Advanced Open Water course. We’ll take you on five different diving experiences in one weekend—peak buoyancy skills, deep diving, search and recovery, and a couple of others. And as always, it’s fun! Our advanced course is done over the course of two days. It consists of five ‘special’ dives—each one with a particular focus aimed at improving your diving skills.
Among the many things, you will learn as part of this program:
- Underwater navigation
- Peak buoyancy
- Search and recovery
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
Students must meet the following prerequisites:
- Be certified the Open Water Diver level (or equivalent)
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Be able to answer "No" to all questions on the PADI/RSTC Medical History form, or secure a physician’s approval for diving prior to the start of the course
What is Involved?
The course consists of two parts:
- Knowledge development through independent study. We'll start the day by going over the five knowledge reviews from your Advanced Open Water Diver Manual (we'll mail your manual once registered). The knowledge reviews must be completed prior to arriving at the quarry.
- Open Water Training: Over the course of two days, we'll do five dives (usually 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday).
The course is taught during the warmer months of the year (May-October) where we’ll meet at Juturna Springs in Frederick Maryland.
When Can You Start?
Check out or schedule below for dates and times.
The course fee is $375 and includes:
- Knowledge review
- Advanced Open Water Diver Manual
- Open water dives
- Certification card
- Tanks and weights
- Use of compass
Course does not include: (Required equipment student are responsible for supplying):
- Mask, snorkel, fins
- Buoyancy Control Device (BCD)
- Regulator/alternate air source
- Depth gauge/timer or computer
- Wetsuit with hoods and gloves (Recommend 7mm)
- Audible surface signal (whistle) - optional
- Surface signal (safety tube) - optional
- Cutting tool - optional
- Slate - optional
- Quarry entry fees
(Equipment can be rented from Atlantic Edge at a package rate)
Advanced Open Water Paperwork
Advanced Open Water Course Description Dutch Springs
Advanced Open Water Course Description Juturna Springs
Advanced Open Water Paperwork Packet